**Note 1:** The lesser sac of the peritoneum, or omental bursa, is the cavity in the abdomen formed by the lesser and greater omentum; the pancreas forms part of the posterior wall of the lesser sac.
**Note 2:** The specific location of the mesenteric nodes determines whether they are regional or distant. If the specific location is not described, code in EOD Regional Nodes.
**Note 3:** Porta hepatic nodes are distant for Body and Tail and should be coded in EOD Mets. If the specific location for hepatic nodes is not described, code in EOD Regional Nodes.
**Note 4:** Use code 60 only when there are liver metastasis WITH other metastatic involvement.
* If there are multiple distant mets but liver is not one of them, code 50.
**Note 5:** Use code 70 when the only information is “distant metastasis, NOS,” and there is no documentation regarding the specific metastases.
* If there are specific metastasis documented that are not listed in codes 10, 20, 40, or 50, assign code 50 for “other specified distant metastasis.”
(1) Fritz AG, Ries LAG (eds). **SEER Extent of Disease 1988: Codes and Coding Instructions (3rd Edition, 1998)**, National Cancer Institute, NIH Pub. No. 98-2313, Bethesda, MD, 1998
(2) Young JL Jr, Roffers SD, Ries LAG, Fritz AG, Hurlbut AA (eds.). **SEER Summary Staging Manual-2000: Codes and Coding Instructions**, National Cancer Institute, NIH Pub. No. 01-4969, Bethesda, MD, 2001.
(3) Collaborative Stage Work Group of the American Joint Committee on Cancer. **Collaborative Stage Data Collection System User Documentation and Coding Instructions, version 02.05**. American Joint Committee on Cancer (Chicago, IL)
(4) Gress, D.M., Edge, S.B., Gershenwald, J.E., et al. **Principles of Cancer Staging**. In: Amin, M.B., Edge, S.B., Greene, F.L., et al. (Eds.) AJCC Cancer Staging Manual. 8th Ed. New York: Springer; 2017
(5) Bergsland, E.K., Woltering, E.A., Klimstra, D.S., et al. **Neuroendocrine Tumors of the Pancreas**. In: Amin, M.B., Edge, S.B., Greene, F.L., et al. (Eds.) AJCC Cancer Staging Manual. 8th Ed. New York: Springer; 2017