EOD Regional Nodes
**Note 1:** Code only regional nodes and nodes, NOS, in this field. Distant nodes are coded in EOD Mets.
**Note 2:** "Vocal cord paralysis," "superior vena cava syndrome," and "compression of the trachea or the esophagus" are classified as either direct extension from the primary tumor or mediastinal lymph node involvement
* If these manifestations are caused by direct extension of the primary tumor, code as primary tumor involvement (EOD Primary Tumor, code 650)
* If the primary tumor is peripheral and clearly unrelated to vocal cord paralysis, SVC obstruction, or compression of the trachea, or the esophagus, these manifestations are secondary to lymph node involvement; code as mediastinal lymph node involvement (EOD Lymph Nodes, code 400)
* If unable to determine if these manifestations are due to direct extension or mediastinal lymph node involvement, record as mediastinal lymph node involvement (EOD Lymph Nodes, code 400)
**Note 3:** Code 800 if regional lymph nodes are involved, but there is no indication which ones are involved.
(1) Fritz AG, Ries LAG (eds). **SEER Extent of Disease 1988: Codes and Coding Instructions (3rd Edition, 1998)**, National Cancer Institute, NIH Pub. No. 98-2313, Bethesda, MD, 1998
(2) Young JL Jr, Roffers SD, Ries LAG, Fritz AG, Hurlbut AA (eds.). **SEER Summary Staging Manual-2000: Codes and Coding Instructions**, National Cancer Institute, NIH Pub. No. 01-4969, Bethesda, MD, 2001.
(3) Collaborative Stage Work Group of the American Joint Committee on Cancer. **Collaborative Stage Data Collection System User Documentation and Coding Instructions, version 02.05**. American Joint Committee on Cancer (Chicago, IL)
(4) Gress, D.M., Edge, S.B., Gershenwald, J.E., et al. **Principles of Cancer Staging**. In: Amin, M.B., Edge, S.B., Greene, F.L., et al. (Eds.) AJCC Cancer Staging Manual. 8th Ed. New York: Springer; 2017
(5) Rami-Porta, R., Asamura, H., Travis, W.D., Rusch, V.W. **Lung**. In: Amin, M.B., Edge, S.B., Greene, F.L., et al. (Eds.) AJCC Cancer Staging Manual. 8th Ed. New York: Springer; 2017