EOD Regional Nodes
**Note 1:** Code only regional nodes and nodes, NOS in this field. Distant nodes are coded in EOD Mets.
**Note 2:** Para-aortic nodes are now regional instead of distant.
**Note 3:** When both the Federation Internationale de Gynecologie et d'Obstetrique (FIGO) stage and lymph node detail are available, record the code with lymph node detail in preference to a statement of FIGO stage.
**Note 4:** Isolated tumor cells (ITCs) are defined as single tumor cells or small clusters not greater than 0.2 mm, usually detected by immunohistochemical (IHC) or molecular methods. ITCs do not usually show evidence of malignant activity (e.g., proliferation or stromal reaction). Lymph nodes with ITCs only are not counted as positive nodes
* For positive ITCs with NO regional lymph node involvement, code 050
**Note 5:** Regional lymph nodes include:
* Pelvic, NOS (codes 100-300)
- Iliac, NOS
+ Internal (hypogastric) (obturator)
- Pelvic, NOS
- Sacral, NOS
+ Lateral (laterosacral)
+ Middle (promontorial) (Gerota's node)
* Para-aortic, NOS (WITH or WITHOUT pelvic lymph nodes) (codes 400-600)
- Lateral aortic/lateral lumbar
**Note 6:** Code 800 if regional lymph nodes are involved, but there is no indication which ones are involved.
(1) Fritz AG, Ries LAG (eds). **SEER Extent of Disease 1988: Codes and Coding Instructions (3rd Edition, 1998)**, National Cancer Institute, NIH Pub. No. 98-2313, Bethesda, MD, 1998
(2) Young JL Jr, Roffers SD, Ries LAG, Fritz AG, Hurlbut AA (eds.). **SEER Summary Staging Manual-2000: Codes and Coding Instructions**, National Cancer Institute, NIH Pub. No. 01-4969, Bethesda, MD, 2001.
(3) Collaborative Stage Work Group of the American Joint Committee on Cancer. **Collaborative Stage Data Collection System User Documentation and Coding Instructions, version 02.05**. American Joint Committee on Cancer (Chicago, IL)
(4) **Cervix Uteri**, from the AJCC Cancer Staging System Version 9 (2020). Used with permission of the American College of Surgeons, Chicago, Illinois.