EOD Regional Nodes
**Note 1:** Code only regional nodes and nodes, NOS, in this field. Distant nodes are coded in EOD Mets.
**Note 2:** This schema has lymph node codes that are defined as **CLINICAL** assessment only or **PATHOLOGICAL** assessment only.
+ **CLINICAL** assessment only codes (100, 300) are used when there is a clinical work up only and there is no surgical resection of the primary tumor or site. This includes FNA, core biopsy, sentinel node biopsy, or lymph node excision
- *Exception:* If patient has neoadjuvant therapy, and the clinical assessment is greater than the pathological assessment, then the clinical assessment code would take priority
+ **PATHOLOGICAL** assessment only codes (200, 400, 500) are used when
- Primary tumor or site surgically resected with
- Any microscopic examination of regional lymph nodes. Includes
- FNA, core biopsy, sentinel node biopsy or lymph node excision done during the clinical work up and/or
- Lymph node dissection performed
+ Remaining codes (no designation of **CLINICAL** or **PATHOLOGICAL** only assessment) can be used based on clinical and/or pathological information
**Note 3:** Involvement of inguinal, pelvic, or external iliac lymph nodes WITHOUT or unknown if previous scrotal or inguinal surgery prior to presentation of the testis tumor is coded in EOD Mets as distant lymph node involvement.
**Note 4:** Regional lymph nodes include:
- Lateral (lumbar)
Retroperitoneal below the diaphragm or NOS
Lymph nodes **WITH** previous scrotal or inguinal surgery
- External iliac
- Inguinal nodes, NOS
+ Deep, NOS
+ Node of Cloquet or Rosenmuller (highest deep inguinal)
+ Superficial (femoral)
**Note 5:** Code 800 if regional lymph nodes are involved, but there is no indication which ones are involved.
(1) Fritz AG, Ries LAG (eds). **SEER Extent of Disease 1988: Codes and Coding Instructions (3rd Edition, 1998)**, National Cancer Institute, NIH Pub. No. 98-2313, Bethesda, MD, 1998
(2) Young JL Jr, Roffers SD, Ries LAG, Fritz AG, Hurlbut AA (eds.). **SEER Summary Staging Manual-2000: Codes and Coding Instructions**, National Cancer Institute, NIH Pub. No. 01-4969, Bethesda, MD, 2001.
(3) Collaborative Stage Work Group of the American Joint Committee on Cancer. **Collaborative Stage Data Collection System User Documentation and Coding Instructions, version 02.05**. American Joint Committee on Cancer (Chicago, IL)
(4) Gress, D.M., Edge, S.B., Gershenwald, J.E., et al. **Principles of Cancer Staging**. In: Amin, M.B., Edge, S.B., Greene, F.L., et al. (Eds.) AJCC Cancer Staging Manual. 8th Ed. New York: Springer; 2017
(5) Brimo, F., Srigley, J.R., Lin, D.W., et al. **Testis**. In: Amin, M.B., Edge, S.B., Greene, F.L., et al. (Eds.) AJCC Cancer Staging Manual. 8th Ed. New York: Springer; 2017