EOD Regional Nodes
**Note 1:** Code only regional nodes and nodes, NOS, in this field. Distant nodes are coded in the field EOD Mets.
**Note 2:** Inguinal lymph nodes are no longer coded as regional lymph nodes. See EOD Mets.
**Note 3:** Isolated tumor cells (ITCs) are defined as single tumor cells or small clusters not greater than 0.2 mm, usually detected by immunohistochemical (IHC) or molecular methods. ITCs do not usually show evidence of malignant activity (e.g., proliferation or stromal reaction). Lymph nodes with ITCs only are not counted as positive nodes.
* For positive ITCs with NO regional lymph node involvement, code 050
**Note 4:** Regional lymph nodes include (bilateral and contralateral)
- Para-aortic, NOS
+ Lateral aortic/lateral lumbar
- Pelvic, NOS
+ Iliac, NOS
+ Internal (hypogastric) (obturator)
+ Sacral, NOS
+ Lateral (laterosacral)
+ Middle (promontorial) (Gerota's node)
- Retroperitoneal, NOS
**Note 5:** Code 800 if regional lymph nodes are involved, but there is no indication which ones are involved.
(1) Fritz AG, Ries LAG (eds). **SEER Extent of Disease 1988: Codes and Coding Instructions (3rd Edition, 1998)**, National Cancer Institute, NIH Pub. No. 98-2313, Bethesda, MD, 1998
(2) Young JL Jr, Roffers SD, Ries LAG, Fritz AG, Hurlbut AA (eds.). **SEER Summary Staging Manual-2000: Codes and Coding Instructions**, National Cancer Institute, NIH Pub. No. 01-4969, Bethesda, MD, 2001.
(3) Collaborative Stage Work Group of the American Joint Committee on Cancer. **Collaborative Stage Data Collection System User Documentation and Coding Instructions, version 02.05.** American Joint Committee on Cancer (Chicago, IL)
(4) Gress, D.M., Edge, S.B., Gershenwald, J.E., et al. **Principles of Cancer Staging**. In: Amin, M.B., Edge, S.B., Greene, F.L., et al. (Eds.) AJCC Cancer Staging Manual. 8th Ed. New York: Springer; 2017
(5) **Introduction to Female Reproductive Organs**. In: Amin, M.B., Edge, S.B., Greene, F.L., et al. (Eds.) AJCC Cancer Staging Manual. 8th Ed. New York: Springer; 2017
(6) Prat, J., Olawaiye, A.B., Mutch, D.G., et al. **Ovary, Fallopian Tube, and Primary Peritoneal Carcinoma**. In: Amin, M.B., Edge, S.B., Greene, F.L., et al. (Eds.) AJCC Cancer Staging Manual. 8th Ed. New York: Springer; 2017