FIGO Stage Placenta
**Note 1:** There must be a statement about FIGO stage from the managing physician in order to code this data item
* Do **not** code FIGO stage based on the pathology report
* Do **not** code FIGO stage based only on T, N, M
* If "FIGO" is not included with a stated stage, then do **not** assume it is a FIGO stage
**Note 2:** FIGO stage is not the same thing as FIGO grade. Only code FIGO stage in this field, do not code FIGO grade.
* Code FIGO grade in the grade fields
**Note 3:** If there is more than one FIGO stage provided from the clinical and pathological work up, code the most extensive FIGO stage.
**Note 4:** The FIGO stage definitions do not include Stage 0 (Tis).
* Code 97 for any non-invasive neoplasm (behavior /2)