Multigene Signature Method
**Note 1:** Physician statement of the Multigene Signature Method can be used to code this data item.
**Note 2:** Multigene signatures or classifiers are assays of a panel of genes from a tumor specimen, intended to provide a quantitative assessment of the likelihood of response to chemotherapy and to evaluate prognosis or the likelihood of future metastasis.
* Only record tests done on tumor tissue that help determine if the cancer is likely to recur. Don’t include other tests, such as those that evaluate hereditary mutations that influence a patient’s risk of developing cancer (e.g. myRisk, BRCA)
* Only record tests that are based on gene assays. Don’t include other tests which use a multivariate data model to eliminate the need for genetic assays
**Note 3:** Code the type of test performed. The same test should be used to record information in 3895: Multigene Signature Results.
**Note 4:** Oncotype Dx tests are not recorded in this data item. See the following data items for Oncotype Dx.
* 3903: Oncotype Dx Recurrence Score-DCIS
* 3904: Oncotype Dx Recurrence Score-Invasive
* 3905: Oncotype Dx Risk Level-DCIS
* 3906: Oncotype Dx Risk Level-Invasive