Carbohydrate Antigen 19-9 Pretreatment Lab Value
**Note 1:** This SSDI is effective for diagnosis years 2021+
* For cases diagnosed 2018-2020, leave this SSDI blank
**Note 2:** Physician statement of CA 19-9 (Carbohydrate Antigen 19-9) Pretreatment Lab Value can be used to code this data item when no other information is available.
**Note 3:** Record the lab value of the highest CA 19-9 test result documented in the medical record prior to treatment. The lab value may be recorded in a lab report, history and physical, or clinical statement in the pathology report
**Note 4:** A known lab value takes priority over codes XXXX.2 and XXXX.3
* The lab value takes priority even if the physician documents the interpretation
* *Example:* Patient noted to have a CA 19-9 of 3,219. Physician notes that the value is elevated
* Code 3219.0 instead of XXXX.3 (elevated)
**Note 5:** CA 19-9 is a tumor marker that has value in the management of certain malignancies.
**Note 6:** Record to the nearest tenth in Units/milliliter (U/ml), the highest CA 19-9 lab value documented in the medical record prior to treatment.
* Example 1: Code a pretreatment CA 19-9 of 7 U/ml as 7.0
* Example 2: Code a pretreatment CA 19-9 of 1672.3 U/ml as 1672.3
**Note 7:** Record 0.1 when the lab results are stated as less than 0.1 U/ml with no exact value.