Multigene Signature Result
**Note 1:** Physician statement of the Multigene Signature Results can be used to code this data item.
**Note 2:** Multigene signatures or classifiers are assays of a panel of genes from a tumor specimen, intended to provide a quantitative assessment of the likelihood of response to chemotherapy and to evaluate prognosis or the likelihood of future metastasis.
* Only record tests done on tumor tissue that help determine if the cancer is likely to recur. Don’t include other tests, such as those that evaluate hereditary mutations that influence a patient’s risk of developing cancer (e.g. myRisk, BRCA)
**Note 3:** Code the score or risk for the test performed. The same test should be used to record information in Multigene Signature Method [NAACCR Data Item #3894].
**Note 4:** Oncotype Dx tests are not recorded in this data item. See the following data items for Oncotype Dx.
* Oncotype Dx Recurrence Score-DCIS [NAACCR Data Item #3903]
* Oncotype Dx Recurrence Score-Invasive [NAACCR Data Item #3904]
* Oncotype Dx Risk Level-DCIS [NAACCR Data Item #3905]
* Oncotype Dx Risk Level-Invasive [NAACCR Data Item #3906]
**Note 5:** PAM50 (Prosigna) is a single numeric score of 0-100. If the score is available, record the score. If only the risk level is available, record that.
**Note 6:** For Mammaprint, EndoPredict, and Breast Cancer Index, only record the risk level.