Multigene Signature Method
**Note 1:** Physician statement of the Multigene Signature Method can be used to code this data item.
**Note 2:** Multigene signatures or classifiers are assays of a panel of genes from a tumor specimen, intended to provide a quantitative assessment of the likelihood of response to chemotherapy and to evaluate prognosis or the likelihood of future metastasis.
* Only record tests done on tumor tissue that help determine if the cancer is likely to recur. Don’t include other tests, such as those that evaluate hereditary mutations that influence a patient’s risk of developing cancer (e.g. myRisk, BRCA)
**Note 3:** Code the type of test performed. The same test should be used to record information in Multigene Signature Results [NAACCR Data Item #3895].
**Note 4:** Oncotype Dx tests are not recorded in this data item. See the following data items for Oncotype Dx.
* Oncotype Dx Recurrence Score-DCIS [NAACCR Data Item #3903]
* Oncotype Dx Recurrence Score-Invasive [NAACCR Data Item #3904]
* Oncotype Dx Risk Level-DCIS [NAACCR Data Item #3905]
* Oncotype Dx Risk Level-Invasive [NAACCR Data Item #3906]