Grade Post Therapy
**Note 1:** Leave post-therapy grade blank when
* No neoadjuvant therapy
* Clinical or pathological case only
* There is only one grade available and it cannot be determined if it is clinical, pathological or post-therapy
**Note 2:** Assign the highest grade from the resected primary tumor assessed after the completion of neoadjuvant therapy.
**Note 3:** Codes L and H take priority over A-D.
**Note 4:** Record the mitotic rate as Low or High as indicated on the pathology report or CAP protocol. Assume the denominator is 5 square mm if not specified.
* Low: 5 or fewer mitoses per 5 square mm (L)
* High: Over 5 mitoses per 5 square mm (H)
**Note 5:** Code 9 when
* Surgical resection is done after neoadjuvant therapy and grade from the primary site is not documented
* Grade checked “not applicable” on CAP Protocol (if available) and no other grade information is available
**Note 6:** If you are assigning an AJCC 8th edition stage group
* Grade is required to assign stage group
* Codes A-D are treated as an unknown grade when assigning AJCC stage group
* An unknown grade may result in an unknown stage group