EOD v1.2 changes:
While specific schemas note that the schema should be re-calculated with the new algorithm, it may be easier to run all the 2018 and later cases through the algorithms again to ensure all changes to derivations are applied.
- Grade fields: a Note was added describing the priority order.
- EOD Primary Site: Note 3, 1st bullet, the code associated with "noninvasive" was changed to 000
- EOD Primary Site: Note 3, 3rd bullet, the code associated with "confined to mucosa, NOS" was changed to 100
- SS2018: Note 5, 3rd bullet, the code associated with "confined to mucosa, NOS" was changed to L .
- Breast: AJCC Chapter Calculation was re-aligned to the AJCC histology list. Only a few histologies are AJCC eligible with behavior = 2.
If you collect AJCC TNM fields, you may have AJCC TNM values for cases where it no longer applies.
- Cervical Lymph Nodes and Unknown Primary: AJCC Chapter Calculation changed to not allow behavior = 2 as ‘in situ’ and ‘lymph nodes positive’ are conflicting states.
If you have any C760 with behavior = 2, you should review as these would need Schema Discriminator 1 set, which would change the schema
- Esophagus and Esophagus Squamous: AJCC Chapter Calculation changed so that 8020 is AJCC eligible with behavior=2. Behavior was removed from the calculation in these schema.
If you collect AJCC TNM fields, you should review these cases to verify you have collected the required data
- Hypopharynx: EOD Primary Tumor codes 300 and 400 were updated:
- Code 300 changed to "Fixation of hemilarynx or larynx"
- Code 400 changed "Fixation of hemilarynx, larynx or oropharynx" to be "Fixation of oropharynx"
- Larynx Glottic: Summary Stage code 1 indenting was corrected. Everything after ‘Adjacent region(s) of larynx involved’ is a subcategory of that.
- Vagina: order of SSDIs was changed to match the order in Cervix (LN Distant: Mediastinal, Scalene moved down.)
- General: schema names and short names were reviewed and revised to be consistent.